First Workshop: Ghent. 26-27 June 2012
The first workshop of the MIBISOC training network will take place in the Convention Centre “Het Pand” at University of Ghent on June 26th and 27th, 2012.
In the workshop all ESRs will show their research progresses and results through presentations of half an hour. Open discussions will be established at the end of each presentations. Additionally to the ESRs, senior researchers of the network participants and of the associated partners will attend this workshop in order to provide advice and suggestions to the ESRs.
Schedule of the 1st Workshop
First block, Tuesday 26th, 14:00-16:30
- David Pilutti (UKL-FREI) “Image Registration in DCE-MRI”
- Andrea Valsechi (ECSC), “Medical image registration using evolutionary computation"
- Pablo Mesejo (UNIPR), "Automatic segmentation of anatomical brain structures in biomedical images using deformable models and bio-inspired/soft computing"
- Nicola Bova (ECSC) “Soft computing for optimization and control of deformable models for image segmentation”
- Maddalena Strumia (UNOTT) “Localization and Characterization of Brain Pathology from Structural MRI Data".
Second block, Tuesday 26th, 17:00-19:30
- Esmeralda Ruíz (UKL-FREI) “Normalized Cuts with Shape Prior for Biomedical MRI”
- Lara González (Henesis) "Multimodal behavioural assessment and prediction in rehabilitation"
- Pouya Ahmadian (Henesis) “Development of Soft Computing Algorithms for Analysis and Prediction of Motor Task from EEG data”
- Bartosz Neuman (UNOTT) “Signal processing in diffusion MRI”
- Luis González (UGhent) “Medical Images: Noise Reduction using Bio-Inspired and Soft Computing”
Third block, Wednesday 27th, 10:30-12:00
- Jéremie Dubois-Lacoste (ULB) "Automatic Algorithm Configuration of Heuristic Algorithms"
- Michela Fazzolari (UGR) “Multi-Objective Genetic Fuzzy systems for Improving the Interpretability-Accuracy trade-off of Linguistic Fuzzy Rule-Based Systems”
- Benjamin Lacroix (UGR) “Region-based Memetic Algorithm for real-parameter optimisation"
Fourth block, Wednesday 27th, 12:30-14:00
- Youssef Shady (UNIPR) "Parallel Soft Computing for Medical Applications"
- Alessandro Stranieri (ULB) “Distributed Vision-Based Environment Mapping with a Swarm of Robots”
- Viktor Gal (UGhent) “Similarity Measures in Medical Imaging”